There are different associations whose function is to support people who suffer from gambling and their families. They carry out an important social function as facilitating agents for the rehabilitation of many gamblers. They are non-governmental, non-profit associations that operate under the self-help or mutual aid system. They could be compared to the well-known meetings of anonymous alcoholics. It is better to play bet slot online and don’t get addicted and just play with small money.
What we do at the Thailand Gambling Centre
Fundamentally, at the Thailand Gambling Centre, we offer treatment to people with gambling addiction. But before proposing treatment, it must be determined that the disease exists and to what degree. The current classification of pathological gambling differentiates between mild, moderate or severe gambling. This is so depending on the number of criteria that are met concerning the 9 points that determine gambling addiction:
- You need to play or bet increasing amounts of money to achieve the desired excitement.
- The person is restless or irritable when trying to stop gambling.
- You try to reduce, control or eliminate the game without success.
- He is often preoccupied with the game, with persistent thoughts.
- Feeling distressed, he uses the game frequently.
- When he loses money, he tries to recover the losses.
- He lies to important people in his circle trying to hide his gambling behaviour from them.
- Has jeopardized a relationship or job as a result of gambling.
- At some point, you have asked people close to you for money to solve gambling problems.
Therefore, the degree of involvement of gambling addiction is established based on the following values:
- Mild gambling: 4 or 5 of the above criteria are met in the last 12 months.
- Moderate gambling: 6 or 7 of the criteria are met in the last 12 months.
- Severe gambling: when 8 or 9 of the criteria are met in the last 12 months.
Top Strategies for Tackling Gambling Addiction
At the Thailand Gambling Centre, we understand that it is necessary, first of all, to provide comprehensive care for the person who suffers from gambling addiction. In other words, we try to get people from the immediate environment of the gambler to get involved in the treatment. Probably, many of them also need psychological support. As in other addictions, we can take it for granted that when a person falls ill with sports betting or gambling, his entire structure is more or less affected. Involving the family or sometimes even people in the work environment in the treatment can improve the prognosis for the evolution of the gambler.
In a very rough way, and depending on individual characteristics, we propose the following strategies to effectively solve problem gambling. The following are general lines of treatment. They are not universally applicable. Only a psychologist specializing in gambling or a doctor who is an expert in addictions should adjust the following indications:
- Temporarily remove all internet access to the extent possible.
- Restrict access to money, also temporarily.
- Redefine the economic structure of the household.
- Cancel social media profiles.
- Avoid at all costs the use of alcohol or any other drug to any extent.
- Assessment of possible medical or pharmacological support.
- Registration in the General Register of Gambling Access Prohibitions.
- Registration in the Efficient File (prevents the request for “fast credits”).
- Promotion of healthy habits and leisure management.
- Development of different relapse prevention programs.